Wednesday, July 8, 2009
The Yurt
Last Thursday night, John had the idea to take our family for a little camping trip to the State Park and stay in a Yurt. I was never a camper growing up so I thought that this would be a good transition into camping since you are in a Yurt and not a tent. These pics are out of order and blogger is being weird about changing the order so here it goes:
The kids enjoying some old fashioned Smores.
Our first time at the Yurt. We are thinking about making this an annual little getaway but maybe stay more than one night and maybe not in July when it is soooo hot. I was sad that this picture was blurry. I realized that my camera was set to a weird setting and we got someone from another camp to take it so once I noticed it I didn't want to ask him again.
On one of the nature trails trying to find the pond to fish in.
Daddy and his fishing buddy. I remember John writing a note to Luke in his baby book the night before Luke was born and he talked about how excited he was to have a fishing buddy so this picture makes me a little emotional. :)
John the master griller.
Outside of Yurt
The inside and picture of the swamp cooler that tried really hard to cool the place but just didn't cut it. Guess it's better than nothin!
The ceiling has a dome and it is really neat at night because the moonlight shines in and you can see some stars.
The beds. I slept on the top bunk so it was a little hard to stretch out but I made it okay. I didn't trust either one of my kids up there. There are also three screens in the Yurt that I didn't get a picture of but we left them open during the night and it actually got cool enough to pull a sheet up over us. We also went to the pool the next day and swam for a couple of hours. It was so much fun and I look forward to next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
It looks like so much fun! I think we will have to try it out when it cools off a little more.
I love it - I had never heard of a yurt before. My crew would love that.
Looks like fun! I miss you. I don't think I've seen you all summer. I'm so sad that I won't see you at YCW this year either. We'll just have to make sure we have regular cook nights and some fun girl nights out!
Hey friend! I finally got around to reading your blog! Love the yurt! I haven't heard of that before. We went to the state park last year (for one night and in a tent), and it was really fun. Just so stinkin' hot!! Loved looking at your Disney pics. Makes me want to go back! Are you excited about your job? Ya'll need to come swimming before school starts!! BTW...I am working on getting caught up on my blog, so check it out! :-)
Post a Comment