Monday, June 1, 2009

Kate's 2nd Birthday

Kate turned two on March 21st. We had her birthday party at our house and just had some friends and family over for some food and cake. The theme was polka dots. I can't believe that two years has gone by. I have loved getting to raise a little girl. John and I are beginning to realize what people mean when they say that a little girl just melts your heart. She thinks that Luke is the coolest thing ever and they love to play together. She wants to do everything that he is doing which is hard sometimes because she might not be old enough or big enough to do it. I love that she has a quiet confidence about herself. I know that this next year is going to be so much fun watching you grow. We have big plans ahead: Potty Training and No Pacifier to sleep with! Thanks for being such a sweet girl Kate! I love tucking you in every night and getting to "talk" to you about the day. Daddy and I are so proud of you!


Kate and Granna. People say all the time that Kate looks like my mom.


This was when we were singing Happy Birthday to Kate. She is not a big attention lover unlike her brother Luke so when we were singing she just kind of had a blank stare. As soon as we said her name she got a huge smile on her face and then turned her head. It made me get a little teary eyed! It doesn't take much these days.
Swinging with cousin Ella
Love you Kate!

No comments: